¿How to use your cellphone with Comcel?
For being always in touch during your stay in Colombia, register your mobile phone with COMCEL, the mobile operator with the best coverage in Colombia, highest quality and widest range of services.
Tips Before you Leave:
- Check with your operator if it has an International Roaming agreement with COMCEL and ask which services you will have access to in case it does. (Voice, Data, Prepaid etc)
- Check if your cell telephone is compatibility with COMCEL frequencies: 850 / 1900 Mhz for GSM and 850 Mhz for 3G technology
- Keep in mind that, in Colombia, the voltage is 110 volts and we have American electric sockets.
How to access COMCEL services:
Enjoy all the benefits that COMCEL (732101) offers you. Upon arrival, check if the words COMCEL 3GSM or 732101 appear in your cell phone screen. If your cell phone does not connect automatically to our network, you need to access it manually following these steps:
1. Go to Main Menu and Select "Settings"
2. Select "Phone Settings"
3. Select "Network Settings" or "System Selection"
4. Select Manual and then "COMCEL 3GSM" ó "732101"
* The registration process can change depending on your cell phone´s menu configuration.
How to dial:
For international calls dial:
A Fixed Number: Sign "+" - Country Code - Area Code - Telephone Number
A Mobile Number: Sign "+" - Country Code - Mobile Telephone Number
To get the "+" press the 0 key for 2 seconds or press * (asterisk) twice
For local and national destinations within Colombia dial:
A Fixed Number: 03 - Area Code - Telephone Number
A Mobile Number: Just dial the Mobile Telephone Number
In case you have any problems with the service, call your operator´s customer service line, go to one of our Customer Service Centers (CAC) or contact our Call Center *611 / +571 6181818 Option 2.
Prepaid Roaming Service:
Customers of the following operators can use the Prepaid International Roaming service in Comcel network:
Belgacom & Base
H3G & Wind
Cable & Wireless
Vodafone, Xfera & Orange